Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Worst injuries youve gotten doing Krav Maga

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    andy84

Re: Worst injuries youve gotten doing Krav Maga

I dont care that much about injuries except for ive always had a weird fear of getting hit in the eye and Im uncomfortable with some of the choke stuff cause Im a singer and I dunno if I could somehow damage my voice. But I think about it, its never happened to anyone i know so theres no reason it would happen to me.

no-mercy

Broken my nose in a m-16 drill not fun at all. dislocated right shoulder in a fight class.
    Well without pain you wont realy learn. 🙂

parishd

quote Andy84:

<…snip> Im uncomfortable with some of the choke stuff cause Im a singer and I dunno if I could somehow damage my voice. But I think about it, its never happened to anyone i know so theres no reason it would happen to me.

This is similar to my worries with my hands since I’m a musician; not a very good one :rolleyes:, but a musician none-the-less. I told my kids when we started that the only thing that would make me quit was if I started doing significant damage to my hands, but so far so good.

phlegmon27

Got caught by a #1 elbow to the eyebrow. It wasn’t hard enough to draw blood, but I had a “shiner” for about a week. Being an RN, it was fun to explain to all my patients.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Dislocated shoulder during phase- popped back in and taped up by Kevin so i could keep training 😉

I currently have a broken toe – but only because I felt bad since Trish broke hers.

mara-jade

Let’s see

Bruised up, beat up, badly twisted knee pad (kept me out for almost a month), split lip during fight class, got an excellent elbow in the mouth by hubby during a gun takeaway. Poor guy felt like crap.

Hubby’s had the back of his leg taken out by a newbie who wasn’t paying attention, popped a blood vessel in his arm during 360’s defenses, dislocated shoulder during level 2 test (he popped it in back in..yuck)., rolled ankle after healing from SECOND dislocated shoulder later..Geez:chair:.

To the newbies – you’re GONNA get beat up/bruised/probably hurt at LEAST once so just accept that it’s coming sooner or later. I’d rather get beat up in class then my BUTT beat out in the streetthumbsup

russell

hyper extended my left elbow on a interferance drill in december (and still tender every now and then)

most recent is a bruised ego was TOLD to sit out a drill cause i looked pale now for a question?(i might post this as a seperate thread) i’ll be 40 this july im about 185-190#’s (over weight for my body type) i’m in better shape that when i started in november but i still need to be in better shape (it’s not fair for my partner to sit out a drill because i’m gasping for breath holding my side and wondering if i should make a dash for the bathroom so i don’t puke on the mat) i need a few hint’s or help from somebody who know’s more about fitness than i do what are the best things to do to build muscle increase energy level and loose fat? i’m open to any ideas i’m ok with over the counter things vitamins,fat burners, energy drinks, or any exercise hints? i wont do any steroids!

tonight was a hard 45 min class nothing but punching ,kicking and drills i got a compliment from the instructor afterword and another says i’m getting better but i want to be the best that i can(i’m my own worst critic)

any ideas?
    thanks
    russell

rfc

I’m not a dietician or physical therapist but, I think the jury is out on this one… Unless you have some kind of medical condition, I think you should just stick to the basics. Forget the energy drinks and over-the-counter weight loss gimmicks and try to adhere to a good diet of protien (chicken, fish, meat, eggs) and complex carbohydrates (dark greens like broccoli, asparagus, cabbage etc). Peanuts, beans and similar foods are good too.

Try to gradually consume less food at each meal and don’t pig-out in the evening. As you improve your diet, increase your activity level. Walking, light jogging, walking up stairs and general exercise is good.

If you eat the right foods and consume fewer calories than you burn-off, you will lose weight. Generally speaking, for every 3000 calories that you burn-off and do not replenish with food, you will lose 1 pound. Search the web and learn how to balance your calorie intake vs. the calories you burn during normal activities. As you lose weight, you wont tire yourself out from carrying the extra weight and you will be able to exercise more.

Again, I’m not a dietician but, I’ve been interested in general fitness for a long, long time.

HTH.

Ray

vwr32

quote russell:

most recent is a bruised ego was TOLD to sit out a drill cause i looked pale

Kudos to your instructor.

I’ll skip the supplement discussion. thumbsup

parishd

First, apologies for the topic drift…

I’ve lost over 50 lbs in the last year and I did it primarily by limiting my food intake. (I am very physically active, but I was when I was overweight too). I still eat all the things I used to, including the bad stuff, but I educated myself about and pay attention to portion sizes as well as approximately how many calories I eat each day.

One of the things that really helped was buying a small electronic kitchen scale and using it to teach myself what actual portion sizes looked like. I’m now pretty good at estimating how many calories I’m eating and when I’m overdoing it. The results speak for themselves.

dave-bluestein

Torn ACL….if you were thinking about doing it too….dont. Staff, I didnt know that you broke it!!! I thought it was a sprain! For those of you who dont know Jeremy Stafford, I gave him his Phase C test. After injuring his ankle, he cursed for a while, got up, and finsihed his test like a champ..He did us proud.

kevin-mack

“don’t get hurt”

quote Dave_Bluestein:

Torn ACL….if you were thinking about doing it too….dont. Staff, I didnt know that you broke it!!! I thought it was a sprain! For those of you who dont know Jeremy Stafford, I gave him his Phase C test. After injuring his ankle, he cursed for a while, got up, and finsihed his test like a champ..He did us proud.

Broke the end of the Fibula off. still hurts every once in a while, but I knew I couldn’t show weakness in front of you or Brent!

leejam99

broke my nose x 2. first time was when i blocked a knee with my nose. second time was when i blocked a straight right with my nose during sparing..

also got a 11 stitch cut on my eyebrows from shooting in during sparing. He decided to drop and ram his bald head into my eye.

good times…..

la-revancha

quote Dave_Bluestein:

For those of you who dont know Jeremy Stafford, I gave him his Phase C test. After injuring his ankle, he cursed for a while, got up, and finsihed his test like a champ..He did us proud.

You have a dubious correlation with injuries, you evil man!! Aggravated the pinched nerve in my neck, nasty-style, in the black belt test you proctored last year (I got footate of it). NOT TO MENTION the meniscus issue that happened doing rolling headlock defense, which FINALLY went away…. and my memory has not been the same since, either.

My left ring finger and middle finger are getting numb/tingly thinking about it.

LOTS more injuries, but these are most noteworthy.

Lastly, not really an injury, but Krav rudely introduced me to liver shots in phase B, circa 04. Garddawg, it was one of your guys.

I wanted to die right then and there.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: