Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    clfmak

http://www.easthillskungfu.com/images/Demos/fair2001/form438.mpg

First of all, I’m not here to try and say how great san soo kung fu is (I believe it was already shot down a good while back) and I’m not affiliated with it in any way. But I happened across this clip, and its by far the strangest club defense I’ve ever seen (it has a 360 jump in it). I laughed out loud when I saw it. Some of the clips are kind of cool, but this one…

karlhungus

Looks pretty effective against a slow opponent who has no intention of actually hititng you.

muleg7

That is just plain silly. Thanks for the chuckle. 😆

kravron

Well…he got one thing right….attack attack attack…..haha

atakrav

Crazy

It looks like they are on a mat of some kind, if you did that on concrete or any other hard surface, it would probably ruff you up a bit.

bradm

Maybe Jackie Chan can use this in his next movie, if it is a comedy 😆
    At the end, what was the ‘good guy’ doing with his left hand? Scratching the bad guys ear?

clfmak

It looked like a palm strike to the head, or a claw hand. In southern kung fu like choy li fut and hung gar there are many techniques where the palm is used to strike, and then the fingers grab- striking the throat with the web hand and grabbing the windpipe, or striking under the chin with the palm and gouging the eyes with the fingers, or slapping the groin and grabbing with the hand. Could be something like that- maybe driving the head into the ground with a palm strike, then grabbing the hair to slam the head onto the ground. A hard palm strike to the skull while the head is against the ground would definitely cause a lot of damage, so obviously he would pull the strike like he did.
    From what I’ve seen of san soo, they emphasize very specific targets- the right eye, the bladder, the philtrum, one kidney, the ear, etc, rather than big targets like the face, head, etc (not surprisingly, they don’t spar). So it might be that he’s striking the ear to rupture the eardrum or something like that. But I like my explanation more.

jaeroo

Probably end up breaking my hip as I land. I wouldn’t incorporate that in my arsenal.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: